All bookings are subject to the following terms and conditions; in making a booking we assume that you have read, understood and accepted our terms of conditions of booking.
How to make a booking
Bookings can be made directly via our website by clicking on the ‘Book Now’ button on the page of the cottage you wish to book.
We will acknowledge all monies received and send you an invoice via email. The final balance of your booking is due 6 weeks before your stay. If your booking is less than 6 weeks away we will ask for the payment in full at the time of booking.
You can make payments by debit/credit card or bank transfer. Paying with bank transfer is the cheapest option and avoids service charges.
By special arrangement, well behaved pets are allowed at some of our properties for an extra charge which varies per property, this fee pays for the additional cleaning incurred. Prices will be displayed during the booking process.
Terms and conditions of booking
Terms and conditions of booking
PLEASE READ THIS CAREFULLY.
When you make a booking with Stolford Farm & Cottages (whether via the website, email, telephone or post) these terms and conditions are deemed to have been accepted by you.
- 1.1) “Agent” means Stolford Farm & Cottages, whose address is Stolford Farm, Brendon Hills, Watchet, TA23 0LP
- 1.2) “Booking” means the reservation of the Property by the Guest.
- 1.3) “Booking Conditions” means these terms and conditions.
- 1.4) “Deposit” means:
- (a) 30% of the Rental Charge payable to secure the booking; or
- (b) if the holiday is due to commence within six weeks of the date of a Reservation Request, 100% of the Rental Charge.
- 1.5) “Guest” means the person or persons making the Booking.
- 1.6) “Holiday Confirmation” means the confirmation of the Booking issued by the Agent to the Guest (by email).
- 1.7) “Initial Payment” means the payment of the Deposit or Rental Charge and any applicable additional monies.
- 1.8) “Property” means the accommodation for which a Booking is made.
- 1.9) “Property Owner” means the owner of the Property.
- 1.10) “Rental Charge” means the total rental charge payable in respect of the Booking.
- 1.11) “Reservation Request” means a request to make a Booking whether submitted via website booking facility, email, website enquiry form, telephone or otherwise.
- 1.12)”Short Break” means a holiday for a duration of less than seven nights.
2. BOOKINGS AND PAYMENT
- 3.1) Following receipt of the initial payment, confirmation of the booking is sent by email to the guest. The Agent will issue an invoice showing the payment made and remaining balance.
- 3.2) It remains the right of the Agent to deny any booking, without explanation, in which case all payment received will be fully reimbursed.
- 3.3) The balance of the Rental Charge (if any) must be paid by the Guest to the Agent no later than six (6) weeks prior to the commencement of the holiday (the Agent will inform the Guest of this at the time of the Booking).
- 3.4) Where the Agent has not received the balance by the due date, a reminder email will be issued to the Guest. If the balance is not received within seven (7) days of that reminder, the Agent reserves the right to treat the Booking as cancelled by the Guest and clause 5 shall apply and the Guest shall have no claim against the Agent or the Property Owner for compensation or reimbursement whatsoever.
- 3.5) The prices stated on the Agent’s website are in pounds sterling and all payments must be made in pounds sterling.
- 3.6) Any charges raised against the Agent by its bank for handling dishonoured cheques or any other payments, must be reimbursed by the Guest to the Agent within seven (7) days of the Agent’s request to do so.
- 3.7) The Agent reserves the right to correct any error in advertised and/or confirmed prices.
- 3.8) Please note we have the right to request a security deposit (as mentioned in the individual Property details). In these instances the Agent will ask the customer to pre-authorise the security deposit amount on their credit/debit card on behalf of the Property Owner. The housekeeper will inform the Agent within 72 hours of the Guests departure if the security deposit (or part of it) should be collected.
4. BOOKING DETAILS
Immediately upon receipt of the Holiday Confirmation from the Agent, the Guest should check the details and notify the Agent of any mistakes/errors made by the Agent as soon as possible and in any event within seven (7) days; no changes can be made to the Booking after this time. The Agent reserves the right to charge a holiday booking amendment fee to administer/correct any error by the Guest.
2. ROLE OF THE AGENT
5. CANCELLATION BY THE GUEST
- 5.1) The Guest should notify the Agent immediately in writing if he/she wishes to cancel the Booking. The cancellation only takes effect when the Agent has received written confirmation from the Guest. If the Booking is cancelled after the balance of the Rental Charge becomes payable, such balance shall remain payable notwithstanding cancellation.
- 5.2) No refunds will be given on the cancellation of a Booking by the Guest. The Guest should consider whether insurance cover is desirable.
6. OTHER CANCELLATIONS
- 6.1) In the event of the Agent being unable to arrange the holiday accommodation requested by the Guest, or if the Property becomes unavailable for whatever reason, the Agent will endeavour to arrange alternative accommodation for the Guest of an equivalent type and standard in a similar location.
- 6.2) If the Guest has paid any money in respect of a Property and that Property subsequently becomes unavailable, the Agent shall use its reasonable endeavours to obtain a refund for the Guest of all monies paid by the Guest.
- 6.3) The Agent is not liable for any costs associated with alternative accommodation, which must be paid by the Guest.
To minimise the financial risks associated with going on holiday it is strongly recommended that the Guest arranges travel insurance that matches their needs when booking the holiday.
8. RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE GUEST
- 8.1) During the period of the
holiday, the Guest (personally and on behalf of all other people visiting the
Property) undertakes (for the benefit of the Property Owner and the Agent) as
- 8.1.1) that the number of people occupying the Property will not exceed the number stated on the Holiday Confirmation;
- 8.1.2) that the Property will be used solely for the purpose of a holiday by the Guest and their party;
- 8.1.3) to show due consideration for other parties (to include, but not be limited to, refraining from abuses of the Property and/or dangerous, offensive or rude behaviour to the Property Owner, his representative or any third parties such as neighbours);
- 8.1.4) to allow the Property Owner or his representative access to the Property at any reasonable time during the period of the holiday;
- 8.1.5) to keep the Property and all furniture, utensils, equipment, fixtures and fittings in or on the Property in the same state of repair and condition as at the commencement of the holiday and to ensure that at the end of the holiday the Property is left in the same state of order and cleanliness in which it was found. The Property Owner reserves the right to levy an additional charge for any extra cleaning required after the Guest’s occupancy and for any consequential loss;
- 8.1.6) to report as soon as possible to the Property Owner (or his representative) any breakages or damage caused by the Guest during the holiday and to reimburse the Property Owner with the cost of replacement. The Property Owner reserves the right to make a claim against the Guest for repair or loss as a result of damage caused;
- 8.1.7) to arrive after and vacate before the designated time (as mentioned in the individual Property details) unless prior arrangement has been agreed with the Agent;
- 8.1.8) not (without the express permission of the Property Owner) allow any person other than guests booked and staying in the Property for their holiday to use the facilities and amenities of the Property; and
- 8.1.9) to notify all other members of the Guest’s party of these undertakings.
- 8.2) In the event of a breach of any of the undertakings set out in clause 9.1 the Property Owner (or his representative) can refuse to allow the Guest to take possession of the Property or make the Guest leave the Property before the end of the Holiday. In either case the Guest shall be deemed to have cancelled the Booking and the Guest shall have no claim for compensation or reimbursement whatsoever.
- 9.1) Pets are only allowed at Properties that are advertised as allowing a pet/pets. If a Guest takes a pet to a Property that does not allow them, or exceeds the stated number/size of pet, the Property Owner (or his representative) can refuse to allow the Guest to take possession of the Property or make the Guest leave the Property before the end of the holiday. If this happens the Guest shall be deemed to have cancelled the Booking and the Guest shall have no claim for compensation or reimbursement whatsoever.
- 9.2) The Guest is liable for all damage caused by his/her pets. The Guest should remove all traces (inside and out) from the Property of pet occupation before final departure. The Property Owner reserves the right to levy an additional charge for any extra cleaning required after the Guest’s occupancy. The Guest must not allow pets on beds or furniture within the Property and pets must not be left alone in the Property at any time. If the Guest breaches this clause the Property Owner (or his representative) may notify the Guest of the breach and if the Guest continues to breach this clause the Property Owner (or his representative) may make the Guest leave the Property before the end of the Holiday. If this happens the Guest shall be deemed to have cancelled the Booking and the Guest shall have no claim for compensation or reimbursement whatsoever.
- 10.1) The Guest’s (and all other members of the Guest’s party’s) personal belongings and vehicles (together with their contents) are left at the Property entirely at their own risk.
- 10.2) The Agent shall accept no liability to the Guest for any loss, damage or injury howsoever caused to the Guest or to the Guest’s personal property (or to persons in the Guest’s party or their personal property) during their stay at the Property except to the extent such loss, damage or injury is caused by the negligence or wilful default of the Agent.
- 10.3) No representative, agent
or sales person (whether employed by the Agent or not):
- 10.3.1) has authority to vary, amend or waive any of these Booking Conditions and no amendment or addition to any of these Booking Conditions shall be deemed to have been accepted unless accepted in writing by a senior manager of the Agent; and/or
- 10.3.2) has authority to make any verbal representations or provide additional information over and above information contained in the Agent’s brochures and website. The Agent cannot accept responsibility and give no warranty in respect of information or representations not contained in these Booking Conditions and/or the Agent’s website.
11. COMMUNICATION AND INFORMATION
- 11.1) For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, all personal and other information and details collected by the Agent in the course of its business, belong to the Agent and will not be disclosed to any third party in connection with a Booking.
- 11.2) Provided the Guest has not told the Agent otherwise, the Agent may use the Guest’s personal information for marketing the Agent’s services.
- 11.3) If the Guest or other individual wishes to be removed from the Agent’s marketing lists, they should contact the Agent by email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- 11.4) Telephone calls between the Agent and the Guest may be monitored or recorded by the Agent for training and quality control purposes.
- 12.1) In the unlikely event the Guest may have cause for dissatisfaction, the Guest should contact the Property Owner as soon as possible. The Agent takes complaints from Guests seriously and will endeavour to resolve them if at all possible.
13. FORCE MAJEURE
No liability can be accepted and no compensation will be paid by the Agent, where the Guest or his personal property (and/or any person in the Guest’s party and/or their personal property) suffer any loss, damage, injury, disappointment, inconvenience or otherwise, or where the performance or prompt performance of any obligations by the Agent are prevented or affected, by any event which the Agent could not have reasonably foreseen or avoided including war, threat of war, riot, civil strife, industrial action, terrorist activity, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, adverse weather conditions closure of international borders, disease, none availability of transport services, interruption to services/utilities and all similar events outside the control of the Agent.
14. LAW AND JURISDICTION
All contractual obligations arising out of these conditions shall be subject to English Law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.